Acne is a skin condition caused by clogging of pores or sebaceous glands by excess oils, dead cells and bacteria. Acne results in formation of blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, cysts or nodules which if left untreated cause acne scars in different shapes and can permanently damage the skin. Acne is a common skin condition that affects men and women of all ages and walks of life.
What Acne Treatments Do We Offer?
- Acne Facial – unclogs pores, reduces skin irritation, and minimizes chances of acne scars but in proper hands could make worse
- Acne Chemical Peels + TCA Cross – kills bacteria, removes whiteheads or blackheads, stimulates new cell growth
- Microdermabrasion – removes damaged superficial skin, provides acne control and improves pigmentation
- Thrombo Injections PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) will help rebuild collagen to help restore a natural look.
- Erbium Fractional Resurfacing Lasers – controls acne bacteria, reduces acne and acne scar redness
- Micro-Needling – is a great treatment to prevent acne breakouts and help restore acne scars.
- Radio Frequency – reduce acne and acne scars
- Acne Blue Light Treatment – Helps control active acne bacteria, reduces skin oiliness, shrinks pores
- Proper anti-acne home care is crucial to successful acne treatment. It includes daily use of topical acne creams, lotions and gels, which include such acne prevention ingredients as glycolic or salicylic acid, Vitamin A and benzoyl peroxide.
Reduce Acne Scars with Bellafill®
Bellafill is used in combination therapies and by itself to fill in acne scars for a smooth skin appearance. Bellafill is an injectable filler that’s FDA approved to treat certain types of acne scars.
Bellafill® is one of the best acne scar treatments and yields instant smoothness that you can appreciate as soon as you leave the office and it’s been clinically proven to last through twelve months.
Bellafill® is safe on all skin types, textures, and colors, but patients require an allergy test before treatment. Bellafill® is the only FDA-approved dermal filler for the correction of moderate to severe atrophic, distensible facial acne scars on the cheeks.
Punch Excision Acne Scar:
Acne Scars are surgically removed through a surgical tool called a punch biopsy; this usually matches the size of the scar (1.0-3.0 mm). After the punch biopsy is done, a surgical stitch is placed to close the wound. This technique is used for Ice pick scars and Boxcar scars.
Subcision- 2 types
- Nokor Needle Subcision
- Blunt Canula Subcision
Who Suffers From Acne?
Acne affects people of all ages. Though acne is predominantly seen with teenagers it also affects adults (adult acne). Even less severe acne can cause permanent acne scarring. It is best advised to start early treatment to prevent scarring. Acne can cause physical discomfort and an emotional one as well. This can happen at any age. Most patients are embarrassed and usually have low self-esteem and depression as a result of their look. We at Vanity Male help you through this process and become your emotional rescue.
What Causes Acne?
Acne is caused by hormonal changes which result in skin starting to produce excess oils. Excess oils combined with dead skin cells and acne bacteria cause skin condition called acne vulgaris or acne. Acne can run in a family. If one of your parents had bad acne, you are more likely to have it. Acne is not caused by dirt or eating too much chocolate, however acne can be significantly worsened by wrong skin care regimen and using skin products that clog pores.
Where Does Acne Appear?
Acne is a condition of the skin and it can show up on any part of the body. Body parts that are more prone to acne are the face, chest, and back. The main reason is because they have a higher percentage of sebaceous glands, which then produce sebum.
Can Acne Scars Be Treated?
Acne scars are treated by a variety of different methods. Skin resurfacing with laser, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, or injections with soft-tissue fillers can all make noticeable differences in appearance of your acne scars. However, acne management is very important to prevent acne scars in the future.
How Many Sessions Are Needed?
This is a very common question that is asked in our office. Since we do not have the same protocol in place for every person, we formulate a combination skin treatment plan for you to meet your goals. We will achieve this by using multiple technologies and discussing with you at time of consultation.
What Do I Except After Treatments?
All Vanity Male treatments are done by Robert Berberian MD in the comfort of our office. We are fast, effective and efficient with NO Downtime, most people will go back to their normal daily routine after most of our procedures. We may ask you to use sun block when long periods of sun are expected. To also keep your skin moisturized as well.